Well ladies and gentlemen, we did it. Week 4 is history. And history is always a look into where we are today and why....Well, I for one am happy and amazed! 1 month ago today I was one of the girls there at D1 after the first work out thinking...."I might not be able to do this"...."I'm going to do it, I want to do it, but I might be so far out of shape and still recovering from a fractured ankle that I might not be able to do this". But I've done it. Struggled, forged on and did it. I have done the bear crawl, although I am still in the "perfecting mode", still working on the burpee (squat thrust thingy)...but I will conquer it as well. And TODAY!.....today I stayed up the entire time during the front facing part of the Plank on the last 1/2 minute! I almost jumped up and shouted Hallelujah!! And TODAY, I pushed a Huge tire 30 yards and didn't fall on my knees! I did it....my body can do this!!! But, you know what, I have to give credit where credit is due..."I can do all things through He who strengthens me.." rings truer and truer each day that I go to that gym. I pray every morning as I do my walking warm up, that God give me strength to do at least one thing I think I can't do and that He sustain me through the workout...I ask Him for this with the promise that I will always give Him the Glory for the work He is doing in me. He shows up every single day! He blesses my efforts. He created me and I have allowed the world and too many other things keep me from keeping this vessel in the condition it needs to be to fulfill all the great plans He has for me. And, like Carter told us one morning....It's not God telling me I can't do this! This morning that voice started telling me at 1 am.....you know that calf of your's really hurts...you might want to skip your work out today.....I seriously thought about staying home....taking a day off...because I was hurting....but I said ...NO! I am going, if I can't do it all then I'll do a little and if I can't do a little then I'll wait til the end and at least hear Carter's talk for us today....Well, I went and within a few minutes....the cramping wasn't as bad and I was doing EVERYTHING being asked of us....God created our minds and He gave us free will. But we also know that He can take all the bad and make it amazing so that He may be glorified. He did that in my life, He does it daily , He did it today and now He is doing it in my transformation. My transformation in not only of my body and my health, but of my mind.....solidifying that promise I've read so many times and applied only to a few areas of my life........"I can do ALL things through He who strengthens me". He means THIS too!
I know I sound like a broken record, but I am so thankful for this opportunity. I'm thankful that I get this chance to improve the REST of my life by being on this HealthQuest on the HomeStretch. I'm thankful to have Magazines.com as my sponsor. I'm thankful for my new "girl" friends. I'm thankful for Andrew....a 31 year old INSPIRATION that shows up to work out with us 5 a.m. Roosters two or three times a week who is so encouraging in his words....I'm thankful for Jimmy.....a man that comes every day and works out with us and puts his all into every movement and NEVER gives up....I'm thankful for Holly.... a mother of seven who is a positive encouragement to all us girls and Jimmy down on the "Mall side" of the gym even though she is not officially on our HealthQuest team....she rocks....and, YES, I'm thankful for Carter.....he's tough sometimes, I almost walked in and said "good morning Jillian" to him on Wednesday morning after our VERY tough workout on Tuesday, but then he told us how proud he was of us and that NO we weren't imagining it...it was the toughest workout thus far....and honestly since that moment, I've heard every "good job guys"...."you guys are doing great"...."way to finish strong", etc. he has said. Thanks Carter!
Today, I feel like there is nothing I can't do....it's just a matter of time until I can do it. Thanks to everyone who is on this journey with me....whatever place you land in that scenario. I am honored by this opportunity and call it a JOY to not only know you, but to be blessed by knowing you! God has big plans for all of us! And like I always tell my daughter.....waiting to see what those plans are is like a kid on Christmas eve! Sometimes we get things that have been put on a well thought out list....but sometimes we get the most unimaginable treasures! (even if it comes by way of....50 jumping jacks, 6 burpees and a bear crawl....)
Sorry if I rambled on and on ....but I'm really, really excited! This is happening! This is happening to and IN me! How amazing is that!
May each of you have a tremendously blessed weekend!
Love you guys!
Juji
3 comments:
Wow...great blog! You are doing a great job and I'm proud of you for doing it! Hang in there, and let's get fit together!!!;)
Juji, Thank you for your sweet comment. Being with you and our fellow Roosters means the world to me!!! And, you are not rambling! I love reading every word of your post and praise God for the way He is working in all of us!
Big Hug,
julie2
Juji,
I am so proud of you!
All the things you said in your blog are the things that weigh on the hearts of those women out in blogland who are just dying to get healthy but don't know how.
I am proud of you for recognizing that God has given you the strength...because I remember well that day that you (and I) could hardly finish anything! I remember when you pushed the tire on your knees, when you couldn't finish the bear crawls, when 'taking a lap' meant walking, when the stairs looked like climbing Mt. Everest. One of the best things about hindsight is seeing how far we have come. You have done it over and over and over and over....
My heart spills over with pride!
Renee
Post a Comment