Good news! Today I'm saying bye bye, adios, farewell, shoo, skiddaddle...get on out of here! to 4 lbs of Body Fat!!!!
Let me explain! Yesterday I went for my second "dunking" and received the results of a change in my body fat. I've lost .8 percent body fat (YEP, 4 lbs of ugly old fat!!!). I couldn't decide whether to be happy or sad about that. But it's official.....it's FANTASTIC!!! All of us were a little concerned this morning when talking with Carter about our results yesterday. We pretty much all had around the same % change in the body fat %, but the other numbers were different and a bit confusing. I personally was confused how I could lose 4lbs of body fat and not gain ANY lean body mass....yep, the number stayed exactly the same after 7 WEEKS of strength training and working my tail off...which is basically what I said to Carter. He assures me that that is FANTASTIC! So I am content in that. He's the expert and I trust him completely. David Harris from FitnessWave told me it was good as well....but Carter cemented it in my mind. In all of our minds. We just need to keep doing the work, fighting the good fight and we will do well and the numbers will eventually line up in "our minds" with what we're doing. Interesting fact he told us is that you have to burn 3,500 calories to lose 1 POUND of fat, but have to consume 2,500 to build lean body mass. Feats that are not possible at the same time. Most lean body mass begins to build AFTER you have lost the excess fat. And alot of people lose lean body mass when they are working out....so he was okay with the fact that my number hadn't moved. I'm sure I have most of that right in my head even if it didn't come out right here. At any rate....Like I said I trust Carter. He has a lot of knowledge that he shares with us and I continue to be blessed.
He told us that we need to be aware and maintain three things diet, exercise and sleep. It's baby steps here girls and we are doing it. So let's keep it up. I continue to be blessed and amazed by all the women on my team. Each week I get to know another one a little bit better. Each week we all make progress in areas we never thought possible. And Each week someone tells me good job....and that means the world to me in this journey. The support of Carter Hays, my other team members and the other people who come in to train occasionally with the Roosters.....is awesome. Thank all of you. But mostly, thank you to my wonderful friend Cindy....it's because of her that I am here. She works for Magazines.com and she suggested them as my sponsor when I thought I wouldn't be able to find one. She is my hero and I am forever grateful. Blessings to you all. May God Bless all of you tremendously this weekend and reveal Himself to you in ways beyond all understanding.
And Carter...Thanks for your words of encouragement, your creativeness to always make it new and still working us until we want to scream, for the smile I leave with each day because it totally rocked that I was able to do it and for your wisdom in your blogs and your heart for God. How awesome!
Have an awesome weekend! (And to my fellow squirrels...you know who you are....keep squirreling away...this journey isn't over when the HealthQuest ends on the 5th of December!) :)
Juji
4 comments:
Juji,
Four pounds of fat! Now will you believe any advertisement that promises to 'melt' the fat away? We all know what an enormous effort it is to lose fat mass. And once that information is solidly in your head, there is no wish to go back and have to do it over again!
I am so proud of you and your determination to be educated, follow that education and allow yourself to have faith in Carter, David Harris and Carilu. It is a wonderful thing to follow experts like these.
You just keep on soaking it in, walking the walk and believing the teachers. It will take you so much farther than you thought possible.
Loving walking with you on this!
Renee
Juji- Way to go on your success so far! You are doing AWESOME...keep it up! We can do this!!!;)
Hey Juji,
I'm finally doing some blogging tonight. Congrats on your losses!!
I'll have to visit you early risers again soon, and we can bear crawl all the way down the field. Are you all working out in ski suits, cause it is very COLD. The 1pm workouts are now bearable and not so humid. Take care,
Dorothy
Juji- We're missing you in the morning class! Hope to see you back soon! Come on, Juji! Let's do this thing!;)
Post a Comment