Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Week One at D-1

WOW, all my excitement in one small paragraph! I don't know if that is possible. What a blessing these first three days have been! Hard! But such a blessing! We've done jumping jacks and ran and lunged and sprinted and bear crawled…urgh… and ran up flights of stairs and PUSHED a 40 lb. HUMMER tire 60 yards after having pulled it 20 yards. How cool is that! And what a tremendous workout! I have alternated between aching and screaming for joy and excitement and sometimes pain over the three days…..but I am so THANKFUL I have been given this opportunity to get healthy from the inside out! I am energized and I am READY to make the rest of my life better! AND, AND....I am part of an incredible team I am enjoying seeing and getting to know every morning....even at 5 a.m. :)

-Juji

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Juji,

I love the sweet smile you bring to workout every morning. I find myself looking for it! Love your heart, girl...this is going to be a very good thing for all of us.

Debbie Alan said...

i agree Renee! hey Juji, so glad your sponsor is magazines.com...I've been wanting to order O, Prevention and Redbook. now i know where I'm getting them :)
Let's support our wonderful sponsors! These are companies who are promoting good health and making it possible for Juji! Yeah for magazines.com!!
you're a sweetie J...I'm proud of you for working hard.
warmly,
debbie

Anonymous said...

Julie(Juji)
I am so happy for you! What excitement and encouragement you not only bring to this Healthquest but to all who know you including me! Thank you! I wish I wasn't such a "night owl" so I could be with you all daily.
I'm praying for you,
Beth

Julie said...

hi my new friend! i would like to second what renee said!! your sweet personality shines every morning ~ even when carter is working us so hard! i'm so proud of you for joining the healthquest...most people would avoid this kind of thing after an ankle injury. you GO girl!!!!

"Juji' said...

Thanks to all of you! Each of you have encouraged me individually through out this journey thus far and I continue to be in awe of the women you guys are.

Renee: thank you for your sweet comments...my smile is God given because He is allowing me to do this and paving the way at each step before I even take it.

Debbie: I agree we do need to patron all of our wonderful sponsors. Thank you for always bringing that beaming smile with you...you are such an encouragement to me.

Beth: Oh my gosh, I thank our God everyday for you. Thank you for encouraging me when I struggle each time you are there. Thanks for your sweet words of encouragement to me. I love you sweet friend and call it a joy that you consider me one as well. But we are not only friends, we are sisters eternally and when God says I want to bless you abundantly...one of those ways he meant for my life is you. I cherish you and thank you so much for showing me this wonderful opportunity and praying for me to be able to do it.

Julie: My new friend....you rock...your sweet comments to me all the time and that infectious personality encourage me and I am so thankful for you and for your sweet comments. Looking so forward to getting to know you and your lovely daughter Kara! We can do this!

Blessings to you all!
"Juji"

Alisa said...

Hey, girl!
You have been a real encouragement to me this last week. Thank you listening and for those words to remind me that I am making progress.

You are sweet!