Yep, people are coming up to me and saying I can see results in your face! Some think it's that I've lost weight, but honestly I think it's just a glow I have!
Maybe it's lack of sleep making me slap happy, but I don't think so.....I think it is actual happiness!!!
A gentleman commented on my behavior in the elevator this morning on my way out of the parking garage....people usually arrive in the elevator headed to work and honestly are...kind of grumpy...you know them, you've seen them, you may have been one of them and I KNOW I have been....but this morning, I was smiling and said good morning to everyone who entered the elevator....Well I exited last with another gentleman headed in my direction .... he said ..."you seem to be in a really good mood this morning"....(total stranger)..... and I comment..."I am definately trying to be"...."well," he said..."it's working". and we chatted all the way until we parted ways at our buildings wishing each other great days. That made my day and made me stop and focus on that...Yes, I was in a really GREAT mood!!! And I have a little place called D1 and CARTER to thank for my new energized mood! And a great group of ENCOURAGING ladies and a great week on the HealthQuest On the HomeStretch. ....
Today was the most challenging I have had this week.....I thought I was going to absolutely not be able to grab one more breath out of the air after our last trip up the steps carrying a 10 lb weight and pumping it into the air as we went.....And I think ..."where does he come up with the variety of this stuff! It is AWESOME!"....
But even after an incredibly hard day....I felt awesome after taking my daughter to school for early morning CRASH Thursdays, rushing back home for a quick shower and then heading into work AND arriving in the parking garage a little late~ I felt awesome!
And it's 3:34 in the afternoon and I still feel awesome.
Oh and did I tell you, I can now tie my shoestring without that much effort at all after lifting my foot gingerly onto my knee!!! Baby steps, baby steps....but my goodness this is working! I am getting stronger....I am doing things this week I couldn't do 2 weeks ago....and ....and....wait for it......I did a version of the bear crawl this morning while pushing a weight 5 yards at a time, standing and doing crunches over my head and/or lunges and then down for another 5 yards of bear crawls!!!! and so on for 25 YARDS!!!! AWESOME!!!! Carter is the MAN!!!
It is not unimaginable to me anymore that I will be able to do all of these things with EASE by the end of this HealthQuest On The HomeStretch. I'll be more healthy on the inside and on the outside and already have a healthier outlook on everything in my life...beginning with my health. I continue to relish in the blessing of it all. I continue to be excited and I'll continue to work on the perfecting my bear crawl.....mastering the dreaded plank ....and figuring out how to do my "new challenge" ....the Squat Thrust!!!
Shhhh, don't tell Carter this...but either he's taking it easy on us, or we're getting really good at this! :)
Let's do it Roosters!!! (and visiting Dawgs!) We're getting healthy and becoming stronger together! What a blessing you all are to me~
Okay....I'll go put all this energy to use somewhere else for a while!!!
Looking forward to the tomorrow!!! Who am I .....and what did I do with Juji! LOL!
Blessings to you all and say good morning to someone in the elevator tomorrow! or at the store! It just may make their day!
Juji
2 comments:
Juji- As we work toward our goal to better health, we are improving our bodies and, like your blog indicated, our spirits! I, too, have noticed that I feel better throughout the day with more energy and joy. Let's keep it up...I'm proud so proud of you and your efforts! You are awesome! Let's kick butt! Cyndi
Gee, Juji, wish I had read your blog yesterday when I came home after Carter's "multile of 50s" day. I love reading your blogs because your excitement is so contagious, especially when you need a "pick me up". I'm so proud of your accomplishments and look forward to seeing you again when I come to another morning workout.
One step at a time!
Dorothy
Post a Comment